Hrangnawna is commissioner of Mizoram Infmn Comn
Aizawl: L Hrangnawna, a retired Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, was sworn-in as Commissioner of the Mizoram State Information Commission by the Governor Vakkom Purushothaman at a simple ceremony in Raj Bahavan here on Monday.
The swearing-in ceremony was attended by members of the council of ministers, parliamentary secretaries, legislators and officials.
Hrangnawna was inducted as the Mizoram Police Service (MPS) officer in 1975 and was promoted to IPS in 1990.
He retired as Inspector General of Police (IGP) on December 31, 2011 and was the first and only MPS officer promoted to the rank of IGP till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?