Hrangnawna is commissioner of Mizoram Infmn Comn
Aizawl: L Hrangnawna, a retired Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, was sworn-in as Commissioner of the Mizoram State Information Commission by the Governor Vakkom Purushothaman at a simple ceremony in Raj Bahavan here on Monday.
The swearing-in ceremony was attended by members of the council of ministers, parliamentary secretaries, legislators and officials.
Hrangnawna was inducted as the Mizoram Police Service (MPS) officer in 1975 and was promoted to IPS in 1990.
He retired as Inspector General of Police (IGP) on December 31, 2011 and was the first and only MPS officer promoted to the rank of IGP till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Forex reserves touch a life-time high of $363.8 billion
- Women not safe in Bihar? After Nirbhaya-like gang-rape, another girl attacked with acid
- Modi, Putin vow to take forward India-Russia ties
- Euro 2016: Spain prepared for clash against 'powerful' Italy, says Iniesta
- READ: How Mahendra Singh Dhoni 'bowled over' this Pakistani model with his calmness