Hrangnawna is commissioner of Mizoram Infmn Comn
Aizawl: L Hrangnawna, a retired Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, was sworn-in as Commissioner of the Mizoram State Information Commission by the Governor Vakkom Purushothaman at a simple ceremony in Raj Bahavan here on Monday.
The swearing-in ceremony was attended by members of the council of ministers, parliamentary secretaries, legislators and officials.
Hrangnawna was inducted as the Mizoram Police Service (MPS) officer in 1975 and was promoted to IPS in 1990.
He retired as Inspector General of Police (IGP) on December 31, 2011 and was the first and only MPS officer promoted to the rank of IGP till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire