Hrangnawna is commissioner of Mizoram Infmn Comn
Aizawl: L Hrangnawna, a retired Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, was sworn-in as Commissioner of the Mizoram State Information Commission by the Governor Vakkom Purushothaman at a simple ceremony in Raj Bahavan here on Monday.
The swearing-in ceremony was attended by members of the council of ministers, parliamentary secretaries, legislators and officials.
Hrangnawna was inducted as the Mizoram Police Service (MPS) officer in 1975 and was promoted to IPS in 1990.
He retired as Inspector General of Police (IGP) on December 31, 2011 and was the first and only MPS officer promoted to the rank of IGP till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'