HSPDP chief, deputy speaker file nomination in Meghalaya
Shillong: President of the Hill State People`s Democratic Party (HSPDP) Hopingstone Lyngdoh, state Assembly Deputy Speaker Sanbor Shullai and 22 others filed their nomination papers on Saturday for the upcoming Meghalaya Assembly elections.
Lyngdoh, who has never tasted defeat in elections since Meghalaya attained statehood in 1972, would contest from Nongstoin in West Khasi hills district, considered the bastion of the HSPDP.
Deputy Speaker and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) state president, Sanbor Shullai, filed his papers for Shillong South constituency.
In Sohra Civil Sub-division, Khasi Hills Autonomous Council member Grace Mary Kharpuri filed her nomination papers as independent candidate from Shella constituency.
She will be contesting against former Chief Minister and UDP president Donkupar Roy.
Till date, 85 candidates have filed their nomination papers for the elections on February 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes