Huge quantities of explosives recovered in Dibrugarh
Dibrugarh: Huge quantities of explosives,
suspected to have been hidden by ULFA, have been found from
Joypur Reserve Forest in Assam`s Dibrugarh district today,
official sources said.
Acting on a tip-off, troops of 310 Field Regiment
launched an operation in the reserve forest and found a
polythene covered bag containing the explosives.
One kg of RDX, an improvised explosive device weighing
1.5 kg, five gelatine sticks, a remote antennae, a fused wire
cap, a rubber stamp with ULFA logo and some track suits were
found in the bag.
The recovered articles, including the explosives were
handed over to the police, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi