IAF chief reviews issues pertaining to operational needs in Northeast
Shillong: Air Force chief NAK Browne reviewed various issues and aspects pertaining to operational needs in Northeast during a two-day commander`s conference of Eastern Air Command, which begins here today, IAF officials said.
Browne updated the Station Commanders on the security scenario with special reference to implications in the North Eastern Region and stated that IAF is on a high growth path and is on the process of acquiring multi-spectral strategic capabilities, they said.
He also awarded Air Force Station Chabua with the `Pride of EAC` Trophy for its best overall performance and Singharsi station `Best Non-Flying Station`.
Meanwhile, Kiran Browne, President Air Force Wives Welfare Association (AFWWA) presided over AFWWA Meeting (Sanginis` Meeting) at Meghalaya Hall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Scrapping 15-year old vehicles: Draft policy to to be ready in a fortnight
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'