IAF plane makes forced landing in Assam
Guwahati: An Indian Air Force (IAF) transport aircraft made a forced landing in Assam following a technical snag. No one was hurt in the incident that took place while checking its airworthiness.
The AN-32 plane force landed in Assam`s Jorhat airbase in the past week. The aircraft sustained some damage, but no one was injured.
The AN-32 is known as the workhorse of the IAF`s transport fleet. It can be operated in various climate conditions and the aircraft has a high manoeuvrability of flights to the mountain airfields with difficult approaches.
Army spokesperson Lt Col SS Phogat, who is based in Narengi Army base in Guwahati, confirmed the incident and said that the plane was force landed as it developed a technical snag.
"The plane had undergone some re-fitment of mechanical parts...a routine activity to test the airworthiness," he said.
He added that the aircraft developed some technical snag while in the sky and it then had to force land.
An inquiry has been ordered into the incident, the Army officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion