IAF plane makes forced landing in Assam
Guwahati: An Indian Air Force (IAF) transport aircraft made a forced landing in Assam following a technical snag. No one was hurt in the incident that took place while checking its airworthiness.
The AN-32 plane force landed in Assam`s Jorhat airbase in the past week. The aircraft sustained some damage, but no one was injured.
The AN-32 is known as the workhorse of the IAF`s transport fleet. It can be operated in various climate conditions and the aircraft has a high manoeuvrability of flights to the mountain airfields with difficult approaches.
Army spokesperson Lt Col SS Phogat, who is based in Narengi Army base in Guwahati, confirmed the incident and said that the plane was force landed as it developed a technical snag.
"The plane had undergone some re-fitment of mechanical parts...a routine activity to test the airworthiness," he said.
He added that the aircraft developed some technical snag while in the sky and it then had to force land.
An inquiry has been ordered into the incident, the Army officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray