IAF technical team inspects site for construction of ALG
Itanagar: A high level technical team from Indian Air Force (IAF) has inspected the site for construction of proposed Advanced Landing Ground (ALG) at Tawang district bordering China.
The IAF team inspected the site at Thrillam village under Lumla sub-division of the district on Friday along with local MLA Jambey Tashi, Deputy Commissioner Abhishek Dev and Brigadier J S Rajpurohit, Commander of the 190 Mountain Brigade, official sources informed on Saturday.
The team comprising Wing Commander P Joseph of Air Force Station Jorhat and Squadron Leader and R Shiva Prasad of Tezpur expressed their satisfaction with the proposed site for the ALG.
They would be submitting their preliminary inspection report to the Air Force authorities at the earliest for taking further necessary action, the sources informed.
Meanwhile, Tashi and Panchayat members of the area requested the state government to take up construction of the ALG as the site was found to be technically suitable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof