Ibobi Manipur ministry expanded
Imphal: The 43-day-old Congress ministry led by Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh in Manipur was on Saturday expanded with the induction of eight ministers.
Governor Gurvachand Jagat administered the oath of office and secrecy to the new cabinet ministers -- Hemochandra Singh, K Gobindas, M Oken, Ngamthang Haokip, Francis Ngajokpa, KH Ratankumar, AK Mirabai and Md Nasir.
Chief minister O Ibobi Singh, senior police and civil officials were present at the swearing in ceremony.
Ibobi Singh was sworn in as chief minister on March 14 last following which he expanded his ministry by inducting three ministers on March 16.
Manipur assembly with 60 members cannot exceed the strength of the ministry from twelve ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites