IED blast during patrolling by securitymen
Shillong: A huge IED went off on the side
of a road on Friday when security forces were on a patrol in the
area in Meghalaya`s South Garo Hills district but no one was
"A huge blast took place on the side of a road while the
police team were on patrol in Nongalbibra area in Baghmara
police station," DGP N Ramachandran told PTI.
"Nobody was injured in the blast which took place during
midday. Immediately, security personnel searched and raided
the area but no one was arrested so far," he said.
The police said recovery of batteries, wires, iron pieces
and pellets from the site of the explosion indicated that the
device was country-made.
"Since Garo Hills-based terrorist group Garo National
Liberation Army (GNLA) is active in the area, so they are the
primary suspects," Ramachandran said.
GNLA, which is involved in terror activities in three
Garo Hills districts of Meghalaya, was deemed a terror group
by the Centre last month.
Meghalaya Police SWAT commandos, CRPF`s elite CoBRA force
and BSF troops are engaged in counter insurgency operations in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?