IED blast during patrolling by securitymen
Shillong: A huge IED went off on the side
of a road on Friday when security forces were on a patrol in the
area in Meghalaya`s South Garo Hills district but no one was
"A huge blast took place on the side of a road while the
police team were on patrol in Nongalbibra area in Baghmara
police station," DGP N Ramachandran told PTI.
"Nobody was injured in the blast which took place during
midday. Immediately, security personnel searched and raided
the area but no one was arrested so far," he said.
The police said recovery of batteries, wires, iron pieces
and pellets from the site of the explosion indicated that the
device was country-made.
"Since Garo Hills-based terrorist group Garo National
Liberation Army (GNLA) is active in the area, so they are the
primary suspects," Ramachandran said.
GNLA, which is involved in terror activities in three
Garo Hills districts of Meghalaya, was deemed a terror group
by the Centre last month.
Meghalaya Police SWAT commandos, CRPF`s elite CoBRA force
and BSF troops are engaged in counter insurgency operations in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state