IED blast on rail track in Assam before train passed
Guwahati: An Improvised Explosive Device planted by suspected militant group Adivasi People`s Army went off on the rail track at a place in Assam`s Kokrajhar district before an Amritsar-bound express train was to pass the area
last night, official sources said here on Saturday.
The blast took place at Alakhar between Fakirapur and
Srirampur on Assam-West Bengal border at around 2100 hours,
leaving some parts of the tracks damaged and disrupting
movement of trains for the rest of the night.
Normal train services were restored on the section today,
the sources said adding a search operation was on to trace the
militants who had triggered the blast.
There was no casualty or injury in the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley