IED found in passenger bus
Udalguri: A powerful improvised explosive
device (IED) hidden in a bag was found on Sunday from a bus in
northern Assam`s Udalguri district.
The 25-kg bomb was spotted by the helper of the bus at
Attareekhat, after all the passengers travelling from
Lakhimpur to the area disembarked from the vehicle, defence
The helper informed army whose Red Horns Division`s
bomb disposal squad safely disposed the explosive, they said.
The bomb was suspected to be kept by the ULFA.
Meanwhile, a woman was killed when unidentified gunmen
fired at a paan shop owner at Balipara, under Tangla police
station of the district, last night.
The woman was at the shop when the bullet hit her,
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success
- Bangladesh: A journey of shared history and common destiny with India
- English Premier League: Is Leicester City's 5,000-1 upset the greatest sporting shock ever?
- Pakistan knew about Osama bin Laden's Abbottabad hideout: Hillary Clinton
- Hema Malini, Dharmendra celebrate 36 years of marriage – See pics