IED recovered from railway track in Assam
Guwahati: A powerful Improvised Explosive
Device (IED), suspected to have been placed by members of
NDFB`s anti-talk faction, was recovered from a railway track
in Assam`s Udalguri district on Tuesday, police said.
The IED was found in the rail track at Bheragaon under
Tangla police station of the district.
The police have cordoned off the area and train
services in the route have been suspended temporarily.
Army bomb experts have rushed to the spot and efforts
are on to defuse the explosive.
The bomb has been suspected to be planted by NDFB`s
anti-talk faction following the arrest of its Chairman
Security in the state has been beefed up following
Daimary`s arrest as intelligence reports warn of possible
attack by the outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa