IED recovered from railway track in Assam
Guwahati: A powerful Improvised Explosive
Device (IED), suspected to have been placed by members of
NDFB`s anti-talk faction, was recovered from a railway track
in Assam`s Udalguri district on Tuesday, police said.
The IED was found in the rail track at Bheragaon under
Tangla police station of the district.
The police have cordoned off the area and train
services in the route have been suspended temporarily.
Army bomb experts have rushed to the spot and efforts
are on to defuse the explosive.
The bomb has been suspected to be planted by NDFB`s
anti-talk faction following the arrest of its Chairman
Security in the state has been beefed up following
Daimary`s arrest as intelligence reports warn of possible
attack by the outfit.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know