IGNOU to impart free education to Mizoram prisoners
Aizawl: IGNOU would impart free education to
inmates of the prisons in Mizoram from next academic session,
the open university said in a statement here today.
"The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) would
also provide free textbooks to the students in jail.
"Experts in different subjects would be sent for
counselling classes inside the jails from time to time," the
IGNOU had established a study centre at Central Jail near
here in 1999 and examination centre has been functioning in
the prison for a few years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?