IGNOU to impart free education to Mizoram prisoners
Aizawl: IGNOU would impart free education to
inmates of the prisons in Mizoram from next academic session,
the open university said in a statement here today.
"The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) would
also provide free textbooks to the students in jail.
"Experts in different subjects would be sent for
counselling classes inside the jails from time to time," the
IGNOU had established a study centre at Central Jail near
here in 1999 and examination centre has been functioning in
the prison for a few years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'