IGNOU to impart free education to Mizoram prisoners
Aizawl: IGNOU would impart free education to
inmates of the prisons in Mizoram from next academic session,
the open university said in a statement here today.
"The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) would
also provide free textbooks to the students in jail.
"Experts in different subjects would be sent for
counselling classes inside the jails from time to time," the
IGNOU had established a study centre at Central Jail near
here in 1999 and examination centre has been functioning in
the prison for a few years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...