IIM cook among three held for militant links
Shillong: Three persons including a cook employed at the Indian Institute of Management in Shilong were on Thursday arrested for allegedly having links with a militant group.
SP (city) M Kharkrang led a police team that raided the Madan Laban locality and the trio were picked up from a rented house this morning, police said.
They were identified as Debraj Dalu (21), Simal Barman (18) and Lambus Sangma (27) – all from the state’s West Garo Hills district.
One country-made shotgun was seized from the persons who were suspected to have links with the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA).
Debraj Dalu works as a private security guard and Lambus Sangma is the cook at IIM Shillong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'