IIM cook among three held for militant links
Shillong: Three persons including a cook employed at the Indian Institute of Management in Shilong were on Thursday arrested for allegedly having links with a militant group.
SP (city) M Kharkrang led a police team that raided the Madan Laban locality and the trio were picked up from a rented house this morning, police said.
They were identified as Debraj Dalu (21), Simal Barman (18) and Lambus Sangma (27) – all from the state’s West Garo Hills district.
One country-made shotgun was seized from the persons who were suspected to have links with the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA).
Debraj Dalu works as a private security guard and Lambus Sangma is the cook at IIM Shillong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre