IIM cook among three held for militant links
Shillong: Three persons including a cook employed at the Indian Institute of Management in Shilong were on Thursday arrested for allegedly having links with a militant group.
SP (city) M Kharkrang led a police team that raided the Madan Laban locality and the trio were picked up from a rented house this morning, police said.
They were identified as Debraj Dalu (21), Simal Barman (18) and Lambus Sangma (27) – all from the state’s West Garo Hills district.
One country-made shotgun was seized from the persons who were suspected to have links with the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA).
Debraj Dalu works as a private security guard and Lambus Sangma is the cook at IIM Shillong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Amit Shah questions circumstances behind Syama Prasad Mookerjee's death, accuses Nehru of historic blunder on J&K issue
- SHAMEFUL! Hindu journalist in Pakistan forced to drink from separate glass in office as Muslims raise objections
- Be ready to tackle floods, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik's message to administration
- Watch: AR Murugadoss introduces action avatar of Sonakshi Sinha in 'Akira'
- Style queen Kangana Ranaut stuns in Grazia India's 100th issue cover! - Pics inside