Illegal arms unit busted in Nagaland capital
Kohima: The Assam Rifles have busted an illegal arms manufacturing unit at a house here and seized a huge cache of arms and ammunition.
The arms and ammunition were manufactured and stored at a house in Razhu Point locality in the heart of the town for some underground organisations, an Assam Rifles release said here today.
During the raid carried out by personnel from 16 AR, Four 9mm pistols, six double barrel guns, 24 single barrel guns, nine .22 rifles, 11 air guns, along with some partially made pistols, empty magazines, assorted ammunition and a vehicle were seized during a raid on Thursday, the release said.
The owner of the house and the seized items were handed over to Kohima police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Share household chores with wife for super sex life
- BJP seeks Arvind Kejriwal's arrest over water tanker scam report
- Rajan wants central banks to keep off competitive devaluation
- Shiv Sena backs Subramanian Swamy, takes a dig at BJP leadership
- Courtney Browne replaces Clive Lloyd as West Indies' chairman of selectors