Illegal arms unit busted in Nagaland capital
Kohima: The Assam Rifles have busted an illegal arms manufacturing unit at a house here and seized a huge cache of arms and ammunition.
The arms and ammunition were manufactured and stored at a house in Razhu Point locality in the heart of the town for some underground organisations, an Assam Rifles release said here today.
During the raid carried out by personnel from 16 AR, Four 9mm pistols, six double barrel guns, 24 single barrel guns, nine .22 rifles, 11 air guns, along with some partially made pistols, empty magazines, assorted ammunition and a vehicle were seized during a raid on Thursday, the release said.
The owner of the house and the seized items were handed over to Kohima police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Differences alone cannot define Sino-India ties: Chinese media
- Tata Hexa, Safari Storme to get 1.9-litre diesel in 2017
- MFs asset base from B15 cities up 19% to Rs 2 lakh crore
- Those killed in Kashmir hadn't gone to buy milk and toffee, says Mehbooba Mufti
- Renault Kwid AMT ready in 800cc and 1.0-litre guise