Illegal arms unit busted in Nagaland capital
Kohima: The Assam Rifles have busted an illegal arms manufacturing unit at a house here and seized a huge cache of arms and ammunition.
The arms and ammunition were manufactured and stored at a house in Razhu Point locality in the heart of the town for some underground organisations, an Assam Rifles release said here today.
During the raid carried out by personnel from 16 AR, Four 9mm pistols, six double barrel guns, 24 single barrel guns, nine .22 rifles, 11 air guns, along with some partially made pistols, empty magazines, assorted ammunition and a vehicle were seized during a raid on Thursday, the release said.
The owner of the house and the seized items were handed over to Kohima police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan