Illegal arms unit busted in Nagaland capital
Kohima: The Assam Rifles have busted an illegal arms manufacturing unit at a house here and seized a huge cache of arms and ammunition.
The arms and ammunition were manufactured and stored at a house in Razhu Point locality in the heart of the town for some underground organisations, an Assam Rifles release said here today.
During the raid carried out by personnel from 16 AR, Four 9mm pistols, six double barrel guns, 24 single barrel guns, nine .22 rifles, 11 air guns, along with some partially made pistols, empty magazines, assorted ammunition and a vehicle were seized during a raid on Thursday, the release said.
The owner of the house and the seized items were handed over to Kohima police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon