Illegal arms unit busted in Nagaland capital
Kohima: The Assam Rifles have busted an illegal arms manufacturing unit at a house here and seized a huge cache of arms and ammunition.
The arms and ammunition were manufactured and stored at a house in Razhu Point locality in the heart of the town for some underground organisations, an Assam Rifles release said here today.
During the raid carried out by personnel from 16 AR, Four 9mm pistols, six double barrel guns, 24 single barrel guns, nine .22 rifles, 11 air guns, along with some partially made pistols, empty magazines, assorted ammunition and a vehicle were seized during a raid on Thursday, the release said.
The owner of the house and the seized items were handed over to Kohima police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends