Illegal migrants majority in interior Manipur constituency
Imphal: A banned insurgent group on Friday issued a diktat saying that people who entered Manipur after the 1951 census for work, small time business and other matters, and illegal migrants should leave the state by December 31.
In a statement here, Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) said a drive would be launched from January 1 next year against outsiders and illegal migrants.
The KCP statement followed the warning of the coordinating committee of seven major insurgent groups (CORCOM) on the same lines.
KCP and CORCOM said central government employees, students and those who came for academic related work were exempted.
The KCP statement also said that anyone opposing the action of the insurgents or selling or letting out their land to outsiders would be `punished`.
Official sources said they were aware of the statements issued by insurgent organisations and the authorities had stepped up work for detecting illegal migrants.
The joint action committee on Inner Line Permit said that those entering the state for work for a long period should be given some document under the inner line permit system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court