Imphal blast: Rs Four lakh each for families of victims
Imphal: Manipur government has decided to give Rs four lakh each to the next of kin of the nine persons killed in bomb blast, official sources said on Saturday.
The government would also give Rs 50,000 each to the injured persons, the sources said. Eight persons--all non-Manipuris-- were killed and 10 others seriously injured when a powerful bomb exploded at Nagamapal area in Imphal West district of Manipur last evening.
One of the injured succumbed to injuries late last night. The bomb was hurled at the camp of a non-Manipuri labourers by suspected militants, the sources said.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui