Imphal blast: Rs Four lakh each for families of victims
Imphal: Manipur government has decided to give Rs four lakh each to the next of kin of the nine persons killed in bomb blast, official sources said on Saturday.
The government would also give Rs 50,000 each to the injured persons, the sources said. Eight persons--all non-Manipuris-- were killed and 10 others seriously injured when a powerful bomb exploded at Nagamapal area in Imphal West district of Manipur last evening.
One of the injured succumbed to injuries late last night. The bomb was hurled at the camp of a non-Manipuri labourers by suspected militants, the sources said.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata announces grant to state government employees
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead