In 4th day of hunger strike, Akhil Gogoi serious
Guwahati: The health condition of team Anna member Akhil Gogoi, whose indefinite hunger strike entered its fourth day on Tuesday, turned serious and doctors have advised immediate hospitalisation.
A team of doctors of Guwahati Medical College Hospital (GMCH) examined Gogoi, also Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti general secretary, found his condition to be serious and said he needed immediate hospitalisation.
``Gogoi is suffering from low blood pressure and dehydration and his health was a matter of concern. We advise his immediate hospitalisation,`` GMCH physician Rajpratim Das said after examining him.
Gogoi, also an RTI activist, had launched an indefinite fast on May 19 at Lakhidhar Bora Kshetra demanding an end to alleged repressive measures adopted by the state government on anti-Mega dam movement activists and also to stop construction of all mega dams in the North East.
Gogoi`s condition deteriorated since yesterday and Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi directed the GMCH authorities to monitor his condition and provide him with the best medical treatment.
``Akhil and his associate`s health is important to us and we are concerned about their condition,`` the chief minister said.
He, however, ruled out any discussion with the agitating leader saying ``How can there be discussions when he is on a hunger strike. There will be no discussions till he breaks his fast``.
The KMSS leader when askedsaid that he would not break his fast till all its demands are met.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh