In 4th day of hunger strike, Akhil Gogoi serious
Guwahati: The health condition of team Anna member Akhil Gogoi, whose indefinite hunger strike entered its fourth day on Tuesday, turned serious and doctors have advised immediate hospitalisation.
A team of doctors of Guwahati Medical College Hospital (GMCH) examined Gogoi, also Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti general secretary, found his condition to be serious and said he needed immediate hospitalisation.
``Gogoi is suffering from low blood pressure and dehydration and his health was a matter of concern. We advise his immediate hospitalisation,`` GMCH physician Rajpratim Das said after examining him.
Gogoi, also an RTI activist, had launched an indefinite fast on May 19 at Lakhidhar Bora Kshetra demanding an end to alleged repressive measures adopted by the state government on anti-Mega dam movement activists and also to stop construction of all mega dams in the North East.
Gogoi`s condition deteriorated since yesterday and Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi directed the GMCH authorities to monitor his condition and provide him with the best medical treatment.
``Akhil and his associate`s health is important to us and we are concerned about their condition,`` the chief minister said.
He, however, ruled out any discussion with the agitating leader saying ``How can there be discussions when he is on a hunger strike. There will be no discussions till he breaks his fast``.
The KMSS leader when askedsaid that he would not break his fast till all its demands are met.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened