Incessant rain disrupts normal life in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: Incessant rain over the last few days have created havoc in several districts of Arunachal Pradesh disrupting surface communication and throwing normal life out of gear.
Continuous downpour has trigger flood in East Siang district with all the major rivers and their tributaries were flowing above the danger mark, SDO Alen Pertin said in a statement today.
The overflowing Sille River had washed away the approach road of a bailey bridge at MMR road in between Niglok and Mikong.
Parliamentary secretary for industries Tatung Jamoh along with the DC rushed to the spot yesterday for immediate attention and necessary restoration works.
Meanwhile, PHED assistant engineer Kaling Taki in a release today said that the headwork intake tank of a mega project has been filled with silt and the raw main feeding pre-sedimentation tank has been washed due to torrential rain.
An official report from East Kameng district today said that rains created havoc at Seppa town causing widespread damages to public and private properties.
Most affected areas are Pagyawelly Colony, Bebo Colony, Model Village, Upper Boso and Tagungsaw Colony, New Seppa.
According to the report, heavy rain has either damaged or washed away at least 15 dwelling houses and two piggeries in different Colonies of the township last night. It also damaged the main water supply pipelines causing scarcity of drinking water in the town.
The electric poles of Ty-I and Model village also fell down causing total disruption in power supply. Colony roads of model village, Tagungsaw (New Seppa), Boso colony, shortcut to medical were also badly damaged by rain water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing