Indefinite fast by Khasi people enters fourth day
Shillong: The indefinite fast by Khasi tribal people at Langpih, the disputed inter-state border area between Assam and Meghalaya, entered the fourth day on Tuesday.
At least 50 people were on fast seeking an early settlement of the border dispute, the police said.
Officials said the health condition of a youth, P Nongshlong, and a few old men were deteriorating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?