Indefinite strike in Manipur from midnight
Imphal: The general strike in Manipur, which was suspended for two days, would resume from midnight tonight till 6 pm Thursday to press the demand for arrest of the Naga militant who had allegedly molested a Manipuri film actress.
Official sources said a 12-hour curfew has been imposed in Imphal east and Imphal west districts from 6am tomorrow.
President of the All Manipur Clubs Organisation K T Rahman, along with representatives of different organisations including Film Forum Manipur (FFM), told mediapersons here this evening that the general strike would end at 6pm tomorrow.
The decision to end the strike was taken during a meeting of representatives from various social organisations after considering the present situation and inconvenience caused to the general public, he said.
However, other forms of democratic agititations such as sit-in protest would continue till the arrest of NSCN-IM`s Livingstone Anal who had allegedly molested actress Momoko on December 18.
Official sources said police force in strength have been deployed at strategic locations and government installations in view of the general strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming