Indefinite strike in Manipur from midnight
Imphal: The general strike in Manipur, which was suspended for two days, would resume from midnight tonight till 6 pm Thursday to press the demand for arrest of the Naga militant who had allegedly molested a Manipuri film actress.
Official sources said a 12-hour curfew has been imposed in Imphal east and Imphal west districts from 6am tomorrow.
President of the All Manipur Clubs Organisation K T Rahman, along with representatives of different organisations including Film Forum Manipur (FFM), told mediapersons here this evening that the general strike would end at 6pm tomorrow.
The decision to end the strike was taken during a meeting of representatives from various social organisations after considering the present situation and inconvenience caused to the general public, he said.
However, other forms of democratic agititations such as sit-in protest would continue till the arrest of NSCN-IM`s Livingstone Anal who had allegedly molested actress Momoko on December 18.
Official sources said police force in strength have been deployed at strategic locations and government installations in view of the general strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM