Indira Goswami critically ill
Guwahati: Jnanpith award winning Assamese
literatteur Indira Raisom Goswami, who has also played the
role of a mediator between the Centre and the banned ULFA, has
been admitted to a hospital here in a critical condition.
68-year-old Goswami was brought to the Guwahati
Medical College Hospital late last night after she complained
of respiratory problems and was immediately put on
ventilation, senior doctor of medicine department Debabrata
"Her condition has shown slight improvement today
since she was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit but she is
still not out of danger," he said.
Goswami was ill for the last three days and her
condition deteriorated last night after dinner.
Hospital superintendent Ramen Talukdar said a team of
five doctors headed by Debabrata Goswami were monitoring her
condition round the clock.
Several prominent personalities of the state have
wished the eminent literatteur speedy recovery.
Goswami, who has authored several novels and short
story collections, had also taken the initiative for a
political dialogue between the Centre and ULFA to resolve the
insurgency issue which has rocked the state for nearly three
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH