Industry Min team to audit claims of NE region
New Delhi: The Ministry of Commerce and
Industry has proposed to set up a team which can pre-audit the
pending subsidy claims of states in the North Eastern Region.
The ministry provides various subsidies to NER states for
industrial and infrastructural development and to improve
linkages with the rest of the country.
"There is a wide fluctuation in claim value. Value of
claims ranges from few thousand crores to a few crores. Thus
average value of claims may not be a correct yardstick to make
an assessment of the size of the claim," DIPP said in a
In order to clear all backlog claims, it is proposed to
depute pre-audit team, the Department of Industrial Policy and
Promotion (DIPP) said.
The Department has also invited proposals of interested
firms in this regard till March 23.
In the case of Nagaland, 2,500 claims under transport
subsidy amounting to Rs 250 crore and 1,000 claims under
capital investment subsidy scheme amounting to Rs 45 crore are
Major claims pertain to Meghalaya and Assam. In case of
transport subsidy, share of NER states is 93 per cent of the
subsidy being disbursed, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!