Industry Min team to audit claims of NE region
New Delhi: The Ministry of Commerce and
Industry has proposed to set up a team which can pre-audit the
pending subsidy claims of states in the North Eastern Region.
The ministry provides various subsidies to NER states for
industrial and infrastructural development and to improve
linkages with the rest of the country.
"There is a wide fluctuation in claim value. Value of
claims ranges from few thousand crores to a few crores. Thus
average value of claims may not be a correct yardstick to make
an assessment of the size of the claim," DIPP said in a
In order to clear all backlog claims, it is proposed to
depute pre-audit team, the Department of Industrial Policy and
Promotion (DIPP) said.
The Department has also invited proposals of interested
firms in this regard till March 23.
In the case of Nagaland, 2,500 claims under transport
subsidy amounting to Rs 250 crore and 1,000 claims under
capital investment subsidy scheme amounting to Rs 45 crore are
Major claims pertain to Meghalaya and Assam. In case of
transport subsidy, share of NER states is 93 per cent of the
subsidy being disbursed, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof