Infiltrator with contraband held along Indo-Bangla border
Guwahati: An infiltrator was arrested by the BSF along Indo-Bangladesh border in Meghalaya and contraband with a street value of Rs 7.10 lakh was recovered from him, officials said Thursday.
The troops at border outpost in Dawki nabbed Mandal Segeraul Islam, a native of West Bengal, when he was trying to sneak into the country from Bangladesh yesterday.
The BSF troops also seized 43 cattle and some contraband items which he was allegedly trying to smuggle to the neighbouring country, they said.
Some Indian and Bangladeshi currency and a mobile handset were also seized from him, the officials added.
The BSF, meanwhile, stepped up its vigil along Assam and Meghalaya frontiers with Bangladesh and intensified operations along the international border to check
infiltration and exfiltration, besides trans-border crimes, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj