Infiltrator with contraband held along Indo-Bangla border
Guwahati: An infiltrator was arrested by the BSF along Indo-Bangladesh border in Meghalaya and contraband with a street value of Rs 7.10 lakh was recovered from him, officials said Thursday.
The troops at border outpost in Dawki nabbed Mandal Segeraul Islam, a native of West Bengal, when he was trying to sneak into the country from Bangladesh yesterday.
The BSF troops also seized 43 cattle and some contraband items which he was allegedly trying to smuggle to the neighbouring country, they said.
Some Indian and Bangladeshi currency and a mobile handset were also seized from him, the officials added.
The BSF, meanwhile, stepped up its vigil along Assam and Meghalaya frontiers with Bangladesh and intensified operations along the international border to check
infiltration and exfiltration, besides trans-border crimes, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi