Infiltrator with contraband held along Indo-Bangla border
Guwahati: An infiltrator was arrested by the BSF along Indo-Bangladesh border in Meghalaya and contraband with a street value of Rs 7.10 lakh was recovered from him, officials said Thursday.
The troops at border outpost in Dawki nabbed Mandal Segeraul Islam, a native of West Bengal, when he was trying to sneak into the country from Bangladesh yesterday.
The BSF troops also seized 43 cattle and some contraband items which he was allegedly trying to smuggle to the neighbouring country, they said.
Some Indian and Bangladeshi currency and a mobile handset were also seized from him, the officials added.
The BSF, meanwhile, stepped up its vigil along Assam and Meghalaya frontiers with Bangladesh and intensified operations along the international border to check
infiltration and exfiltration, besides trans-border crimes, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof