Injured anti-talk NDFB cadre arrested in Guwahati
Guwahati: The Guwahati police on Monday arrested a cadre of the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) from a rented house here, a police official said.
The cadre was arrested from a house in the Gorchuk area of the city during an operation based on specific information, senior superintendent of police (City) Apurba Jiban Baruah said.
"The NDFB cadre, identified as Goutam Boro, had a bullet injury in his leg. He was injured in a cross firing in Udalguri district and had come to Guwahati for treatment," Baruah said.
The house was used as a shelter for the outfit in Guwahati, the police official said, adding that the owner of the house was absconding.
The cadre has been sent to the Guwahati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) for treatment, he said.
An investigation is on to locate more such shelters of the outfit in Guwahati, Baruah said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf