Injured anti-talk NDFB cadre arrested in Guwahati
Guwahati: The Guwahati police on Monday arrested a cadre of the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) from a rented house here, a police official said.
The cadre was arrested from a house in the Gorchuk area of the city during an operation based on specific information, senior superintendent of police (City) Apurba Jiban Baruah said.
"The NDFB cadre, identified as Goutam Boro, had a bullet injury in his leg. He was injured in a cross firing in Udalguri district and had come to Guwahati for treatment," Baruah said.
The house was used as a shelter for the outfit in Guwahati, the police official said, adding that the owner of the house was absconding.
The cadre has been sent to the Guwahati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) for treatment, he said.
An investigation is on to locate more such shelters of the outfit in Guwahati, Baruah said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof