INPT to contest 11 seats in Tripura polls
Agartala: Indigenous Nationalist Party of Tripura (INPT), a non left tribal body and ally of the opposition Congress, will contest in 11 seats in the ensuing assembly elections.
The party would contest 11 seats in which three new faces would figure and Congress the remaining 49 seats in the 60-member House, INPT President Bijoy Hrankhawl, an insurgent turned politician, said.
Among the 11 candidates would be Hrankhawl, sitting MLA Nagendra Jamatiya, former agriculture minister Jagadish Debbarma, former executive member of Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomus District Council Amiya Kumar Debbarma.
Hrankhawl alleged that the Left Front government which remained in power for the last twenty years had failed to improve law and order in the state and provide jobs to unemployed youths.
Meanwhile, the National Council of Tripura, a breakaway body of the INPT, which has some influence in West Tripura district has decided to put up candidates in 11 seats and go it alone as the Congress has not called for an alliance.
NCT general secretary Animesh Debbarma said "We wanted to forge a grand alliance and did not want a split in the non left vote."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday