Inquiry in road laying along India-China border
New Delhi: The Defence Ministry has ordered a
Court of Inquiry to investigate irregularities reported in the
construction of roads along the India-China border and
officers found guilty prima facie have been removed from their
posts, the Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
"Some irregularities in allocation of tender as well as in
construction of roads were reported. Chief Technical Examiner
of the Border Roads Development board has carried out audit of
certain roads along the Indo-China border.
"A COI has been ordered to investigate irregularities
reported in works in Himachal Pradesh," the minister said in a
"Chief Technical Examiner of the Central Vigilance
Commission (CVC) has also taken up some cases pertaining to
the roads," he said.
The Minister said that "officers against whom prima facie
cases were found have been removed from their present
The BRO, which is under the Ministry of Defence, has been
entrusted with construction of 61 roads covering a length
of 3,394 Km along the Indo-China border.
To another query, the minister said the Himachal Pradesh
government had requested the Dogra Regimental Centre to be
shifted to the state from its present location Faizabad in
"It was moved from Meerut to Faizabad in 1976 and
large-scale infrastructure has been developed. Hence, shifting
it from Faizabad to Una in Himachal Pradesh has not been found
practically and financially viable," Antony said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray