Insurgent arrested during combing operation in Manipur
Imphal: An insurgent of the banned People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) was arrested by a combined team of Manipur police and Assam Rifles personnel in the interior of Thoubal district, police said on Thursday.
The security personnel, acting on a tip-off, launched a massive search operation in Sekmaijin area under Kakching police station during which Itomba alias Leirang (30) was arrested yesterday.
One 9mm pistol with some live ammunition was recovered from the possession of Itomba, who is being interrogated in Kakching police station, sources said.
More than ten insurgents have so far been arrested by security and police personnel during various search operations in the state this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble