Insurgent arrested during combing operation in Manipur
Imphal: An insurgent of the banned People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) was arrested by a combined team of Manipur police and Assam Rifles personnel in the interior of Thoubal district, police said on Thursday.
The security personnel, acting on a tip-off, launched a massive search operation in Sekmaijin area under Kakching police station during which Itomba alias Leirang (30) was arrested yesterday.
One 9mm pistol with some live ammunition was recovered from the possession of Itomba, who is being interrogated in Kakching police station, sources said.
More than ten insurgents have so far been arrested by security and police personnel during various search operations in the state this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress