Insurgent arrested during combing operation in Manipur
Imphal: An insurgent of the banned People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) was arrested by a combined team of Manipur police and Assam Rifles personnel in the interior of Thoubal district, police said on Thursday.
The security personnel, acting on a tip-off, launched a massive search operation in Sekmaijin area under Kakching police station during which Itomba alias Leirang (30) was arrested yesterday.
One 9mm pistol with some live ammunition was recovered from the possession of Itomba, who is being interrogated in Kakching police station, sources said.
More than ten insurgents have so far been arrested by security and police personnel during various search operations in the state this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday