Insurgent arrested during combing operation in Manipur
Imphal: An insurgent of the banned People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) was arrested by a combined team of Manipur police and Assam Rifles personnel in the interior of Thoubal district, police said on Thursday.
The security personnel, acting on a tip-off, launched a massive search operation in Sekmaijin area under Kakching police station during which Itomba alias Leirang (30) was arrested yesterday.
One 9mm pistol with some live ammunition was recovered from the possession of Itomba, who is being interrogated in Kakching police station, sources said.
More than ten insurgents have so far been arrested by security and police personnel during various search operations in the state this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price