Insurgent arrested during combing operation in Manipur
Imphal: An insurgent of the banned People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) was arrested by a combined team of Manipur police and Assam Rifles personnel in the interior of Thoubal district, police said on Thursday.
The security personnel, acting on a tip-off, launched a massive search operation in Sekmaijin area under Kakching police station during which Itomba alias Leirang (30) was arrested yesterday.
One 9mm pistol with some live ammunition was recovered from the possession of Itomba, who is being interrogated in Kakching police station, sources said.
More than ten insurgents have so far been arrested by security and police personnel during various search operations in the state this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured