Insurgent arrested with pistol in interior Manipur
Imphal: An insurgent of the banned People`s Liberation Army (PLA) was arrested by a combined team of police commandos and Assam Rifles personnel in Imphal West district of Manipur, police said Wednesday.
Following a report of movement of armed ultras, the combined team launched a massive search operation at interior Wabgai Tera Pishak area yesterday and nabbed the insurgent identified as self-styled lance corporal Thongam Sanjit alias Kamo.
One 9mm pistol and two rounds of ammunition were recovered from his possession, police ,said adding that PLA is the armed wing of Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF) which has been fighting along with some major insurgent organisations for an `independent Manipur` for over four decades now.
He has been handed over to Imphal police for further interrogation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert