Insurgent arrested with pistol in interior Manipur
Imphal: An insurgent of the banned People`s Liberation Army (PLA) was arrested by a combined team of police commandos and Assam Rifles personnel in Imphal West district of Manipur, police said Wednesday.
Following a report of movement of armed ultras, the combined team launched a massive search operation at interior Wabgai Tera Pishak area yesterday and nabbed the insurgent identified as self-styled lance corporal Thongam Sanjit alias Kamo.
One 9mm pistol and two rounds of ammunition were recovered from his possession, police ,said adding that PLA is the armed wing of Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF) which has been fighting along with some major insurgent organisations for an `independent Manipur` for over four decades now.
He has been handed over to Imphal police for further interrogation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged