Insurgent involved in bomb blast in Manipur arrest
Imphal: An insurgent allegedly involved in a bomb blast at Khordak in which three Assam Rifles personnel were injured on October 15 has been arrested from Manipur`s Imphal West district.
The insurgent identified as Ningthoujam Ibungo belonging to the United National Liberation Front was arrested yesterday by a combined team of police commandos and Assam Rifles personnel during a combing operation, police said.
Ibungo received basic military training at an interior place in Churachandpur district bordering Myanmar and Mizoram, they said.
He had used a remote control to trigger the bomb when UNLF and some major insurgent organisations had called an 18-hour general strike in the state on the day.
Another insurgent Salam Deben Singh of the Revolutionary People`s Front, the political wing of People`s Liberation Army, has also been arrested from Thangmeiband area here, sources said.
The two insurgents are being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Teaser of Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor's ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ is out and it is insanely entertaining!
- Victoria decides to ban fracking and coal seam gas exploration permanently
- Blast at Chinese embassy in Kyrgyzstan; one dead, three wounded
- AAP focusing only on attacking PM Narendra Modi: Harsh Vardhan
- Sensex soars over 400 points; Nifty breaches 8,700-mark