Insurgent involved in bomb blast in Manipur arrest
Imphal: An insurgent allegedly involved in a bomb blast at Khordak in which three Assam Rifles personnel were injured on October 15 has been arrested from Manipur`s Imphal West district.
The insurgent identified as Ningthoujam Ibungo belonging to the United National Liberation Front was arrested yesterday by a combined team of police commandos and Assam Rifles personnel during a combing operation, police said.
Ibungo received basic military training at an interior place in Churachandpur district bordering Myanmar and Mizoram, they said.
He had used a remote control to trigger the bomb when UNLF and some major insurgent organisations had called an 18-hour general strike in the state on the day.
Another insurgent Salam Deben Singh of the Revolutionary People`s Front, the political wing of People`s Liberation Army, has also been arrested from Thangmeiband area here, sources said.
The two insurgents are being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Simply irresistible! You cannot take your eyes off majestic Priyanka Chopra on Flaunt cover- See it to believe it
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham run for their lives in new 'Dishoom' POSTER? Pic inside
- Ruling due on whether IMF chief to face trial in France
- Vodafone reports better-than-expected 2.2% rise in Q1 revenue
- Ranbir, Anushka all set to shoot romantic rain sequence