Insurgent involved in bomb blast in Manipur arrest
Imphal: An insurgent allegedly involved in a bomb blast at Khordak in which three Assam Rifles personnel were injured on October 15 has been arrested from Manipur`s Imphal West district.
The insurgent identified as Ningthoujam Ibungo belonging to the United National Liberation Front was arrested yesterday by a combined team of police commandos and Assam Rifles personnel during a combing operation, police said.
Ibungo received basic military training at an interior place in Churachandpur district bordering Myanmar and Mizoram, they said.
He had used a remote control to trigger the bomb when UNLF and some major insurgent organisations had called an 18-hour general strike in the state on the day.
Another insurgent Salam Deben Singh of the Revolutionary People`s Front, the political wing of People`s Liberation Army, has also been arrested from Thangmeiband area here, sources said.
The two insurgents are being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM