Insurgent involved in bomb blast in Manipur arrest
Imphal: An insurgent allegedly involved in a bomb blast at Khordak in which three Assam Rifles personnel were injured on October 15 has been arrested from Manipur`s Imphal West district.
The insurgent identified as Ningthoujam Ibungo belonging to the United National Liberation Front was arrested yesterday by a combined team of police commandos and Assam Rifles personnel during a combing operation, police said.
Ibungo received basic military training at an interior place in Churachandpur district bordering Myanmar and Mizoram, they said.
He had used a remote control to trigger the bomb when UNLF and some major insurgent organisations had called an 18-hour general strike in the state on the day.
Another insurgent Salam Deben Singh of the Revolutionary People`s Front, the political wing of People`s Liberation Army, has also been arrested from Thangmeiband area here, sources said.
The two insurgents are being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan