Insurgent outfit RPF claims responsibility for Manipur blasts
Imphal: Insurgent outfit Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF), the political wing of People`s Liberation Army (PLA), today claimed responsibility for the twin bomb blasts in Manipur in which a Manipur Rifles jawan was killed and 17 others including PWD engineers and security personnel were injured.
RPF publicity chief Bankim said in a statement that the explosions were done by a special team of the PLA at Khudengthabi area in Chandel district and Sekmai area in Imphal west district yesterday.
Official sources said insurgents exploded two bombs at a place between Khudengthabi and Kwatha Lamkhai in Chandel district and at Sekmai area in Imphal West district yesterday.
In the two bomb blasts, one Manipur rifles jawan was killed and seventeen others including PWD engineers and security personnel were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand
- Watch this video! Your stomach will churn as man puts 2 live vampire bats in mouth
- WATCH: On this day in 1983, Kapil Dev's India were crowned world champion