Insurgents ambush security patrol in Manipur
Imphal: Insurgents have ambushed an Assam Rifles battalion patrolling Sita Hill area in Chandel district of Manipur bordering Myanmar, officials said Thursday.
Casualty, if any, was not known, they said.
The insurgents fired at the security personnel of the 24th Assam Rifles battalion in the interior hill area, about 100 km from here, yesterday.
The security personnel retaliated and the exchange of fire lasted for several hours.
A spokesman of the banned Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF) identified as Taohang Heiremcha said the ambush was carried out by cadre of its armed wing, People`s Liberation Army (PLA).
In a statement, the spokesman claimed that at least three Assam Rifles personnel were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened