Insurgents ambush security patrol in Manipur
Imphal: Insurgents have ambushed an Assam Rifles battalion patrolling Sita Hill area in Chandel district of Manipur bordering Myanmar, officials said Thursday.
Casualty, if any, was not known, they said.
The insurgents fired at the security personnel of the 24th Assam Rifles battalion in the interior hill area, about 100 km from here, yesterday.
The security personnel retaliated and the exchange of fire lasted for several hours.
A spokesman of the banned Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF) identified as Taohang Heiremcha said the ambush was carried out by cadre of its armed wing, People`s Liberation Army (PLA).
In a statement, the spokesman claimed that at least three Assam Rifles personnel were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?