Insurgents ambush security patrol in Manipur
Imphal: Insurgents have ambushed an Assam Rifles battalion patrolling Sita Hill area in Chandel district of Manipur bordering Myanmar, officials said Thursday.
Casualty, if any, was not known, they said.
The insurgents fired at the security personnel of the 24th Assam Rifles battalion in the interior hill area, about 100 km from here, yesterday.
The security personnel retaliated and the exchange of fire lasted for several hours.
A spokesman of the banned Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF) identified as Taohang Heiremcha said the ambush was carried out by cadre of its armed wing, People`s Liberation Army (PLA).
In a statement, the spokesman claimed that at least three Assam Rifles personnel were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional