Insurgents ask migrant labourers to leave Manipur
Imphal: Insurgents of seven major outfits on Thursday asked the outsiders particularly migrant labourers to leave Manipur as their presence overwhelmed the identities, customs and cultures of minority communities who have been living here peacefully for some thousand of years.
People in the state should stop letting houses, shops and lands to outsiders and hiring of their services for different works including masonry and construction of houses, business activities and others should be stopped by December 31, said a statement of the co-ordination committee (CORCOM).
CORCOM consists of United National Liberation Front (UNLF), Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF), Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup (KYKL), People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK), PREPAK (Progressive), Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) and United People`s Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK).
The statement did not, however, set any dateline for the leaving of outsiders from Manipur.
The statement said outsiders who came to Manipur in connection with academic activities, art and culture, sports, religious and other business activities would be exempted from the purview of the stand of the insurgents if the stay of the former was short in the state.
The CORCOM statement also warned relevant government authorities against issuing `no objection certificate,` `birth certificate,` `voter identity card`, documents related to insurance policies etc to outsiders adding that vehicle drivers and transporters who bring outsiders to Manipur after taking some money should stop doing so immediately.
The continuous influx of outsiders has posed a serious threat to the very existence of the indigenous people, the statement said adding that indigenous people in the region was being swamped by outsiders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings