Insurgents explode three grenades in Imphal
Imphal: Insurgents exploded three grenades in the high security areas of the state capital on the eve of Republic Day on Friday.
While the first explosion took place at the Manipur Rifles Complex at 7.27 AM, the second was reported at Nambul area at 10.15 AM and the third at Konung Mamang area in the heart of the Manipur capital complex at 10.55 AM, officials said.
No casualty was reported, they said.
Investigation was on to find out how the explosions took place in the high security areas.
Major insurgent organisations, including the United National Liberation Front, have called for a boycott of the Republic Day celebrations in the state.
The organisations have urged people not to take part in the celebrations.
In view of the boycott call, security measures were tightened particularly in the four valley districts of Imphal East, Imphal West, Bishenpur and Thoubal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends