Insurgents propose setting up of an ideal village
Imphal: Insurgents of three outfits, who have come over-ground for holding peace talks with the government, have proposed setting up of an "ideal village" for their stay instead of designated camp as suggested by the state government.
The proposal was made during a meeting by representatives of the outfits, state and central government representatives here yesterday, officials said today.
The insurgents have proposed the implementation of "ideal village project" at a place chosen by the government but size of the place should be between 150 to 300 acres of land as demanded by the ultras who have laid down arms to hold talks with the government.
The sources said the Union ministry of Home Affairs had expressed its willingness to accept the "ideal village project" proposed by the insurgents of United Revolutionary Front (URF), Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup-Military Defence Force (KYKL-MDF) and Kangleipak Communist Party-Lamphel (KCP-L).
More than 330 insurgents of the three organisations had earlier laid down arms and surrendered to the authorities for holding peace talks.
Three organisations are important insurgent groups although more than 20 unlawful organisations are operating in the state.
The sources appealed to other insurgent groups to come forward and hold talks with the government after submitting their proposal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city