Insurgents threaten action against Cong supporters
Imphal: Seven major insurgent outfits of
Manipur on Thursday threatened action against anyone taking part in
the election campaign of the ruling Congress in the state.
In a joint statement, the insurgent bodies, who have a
common goal of making Manipur an independent country, said
elections were not meant to bring welfare for the people.
Reacting to it, Manipur Assembly Speaker and senior
Congress leader I. Hemochandra Singh said India was a
democratic country and anybody should be allowed to express
their opinions and views.
People should have a free mind to exercise their
franchise, he said.
The seven organizations are United National Liberation
Front (UNLF), Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF), Kangleipak
Communist Party (KCP), People’s Revolutionary Party of
Kangleipak (PREPAK)), PREPAK-Progressive and United People`s
Party of Kangleipak.
Meanwhile, official sources said unidentified persons
exploded grenades at of some Congress offices at Shingjamei,
Kwakeithel and other places in Imphal West district.
However, no casualty or injury was reported.
In another development, unknown militants exploded two
grenades at the house of Congress MLA M Hemanta at Tengtha in
Thoubal district late last night but there was no casualty,
the sources said today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray