IPS officer goes missing in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: An IPS officer has gone missing from Tippi in West Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh when he was on his way to Tawang from Itanagar.
Superintendent of Police of the Special Investigation Cell in the state police said that MS Chauhan went missing from Tippi yesterday at around 2.30 pm when he, along with two of his subordinate staff, was going to Tawang.
Chauhan asked inspector Mohan Kaye and constable Vikram Singh of the Special Investigation Cell, who were accompanying him, to drop him at Tippi market and wait for him at a nearby river where he would join them for lunch.
There was no information of his whereabouts since then, West Kameng SP TT Lama said.
The SP, however, ruled out any possibility of his being kidnapped, arguing that the place where Chauhan got down from the vehicle was a busy area.
"We have launched a search since last night, but no clue on his whereabouts has yet emerged," Lama said.
A case has been registered in the Bhalukpong police station.
The Gauhati High Court had appointed Chauhan as the special investigating officer of the multi-crore PDS scam in Arunachal Pradesh in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30