IRB jawans held with drugs from Manipur border
Imphal: Eight India Reserve Battalion(IRB)
personnel were allegedly caught carrying drugs from Manipur`s Chandel district bordering Myanmar and have been arrested.
The eight attached to the 3rd IRB unit, Chandel district, were caught yesterday at Bongyang area on Imphal-Moreh NH 39
during checking operations by Assam Rifles. They were
allegedly planning to sell the drugs in Myanmar, an official
report said today.
Over 93 kg of ephedrine, which is in great demand in Myanmar, and other banned drugs have been recovered from them,
the report said.
The eight were identified as subedar Jahirudin, riflemen
E Devananda, Th Tiken, N Romjit, S V O Paomei, A Ramehwor, T
Dhanabir and KSH Prafullo and were handed over to Tengnoupal
police station in Chandel district, it said.
Official sources said all the eight IRB personnel have been suspended from service and were remanded to police
custody till today by a local court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog