IRB jawans held with drugs from Manipur border
Imphal: Eight India Reserve Battalion(IRB)
personnel were allegedly caught carrying drugs from Manipur`s Chandel district bordering Myanmar and have been arrested.
The eight attached to the 3rd IRB unit, Chandel district, were caught yesterday at Bongyang area on Imphal-Moreh NH 39
during checking operations by Assam Rifles. They were
allegedly planning to sell the drugs in Myanmar, an official
report said today.
Over 93 kg of ephedrine, which is in great demand in Myanmar, and other banned drugs have been recovered from them,
the report said.
The eight were identified as subedar Jahirudin, riflemen
E Devananda, Th Tiken, N Romjit, S V O Paomei, A Ramehwor, T
Dhanabir and KSH Prafullo and were handed over to Tengnoupal
police station in Chandel district, it said.
Official sources said all the eight IRB personnel have been suspended from service and were remanded to police
custody till today by a local court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Defamation case: 'Supreme Court will decide grounds of Rahul Gandhi's U-turn'
- In rural India, less to eat than 40 years ago
- Watch: Astronaut Scott Kelly congratulates Expedition 48 Commander Jeff Williams on breaking record
- Terrific knock! Pakistani batsman Sharjeel Khan scores 3rd fastest 150 in ODI history – WATCH
- ICSI Professional Programme Examination Result June 2016 declared; check icsi.edu, Company Secretaries (CS) Examination Results