ISI agent, six others sent to 10-day police remand in Agartala
Agartala: A Pakistani named Manir Khan and six others arrested for illegally entering the country from Bangladesh were sent to police custody for ten days.
Alleged ISI operative Manir Khan (36) and others were arrested on Saturday night.
The accused have been charged with waging war against the Indian government, violation of the Passports Act, collection of arms, conspiracy, cheating and violation of the Foreigners Act.
Acting on a tip off, intelligence sleuths had detained these seven persons on the outskirts of Agartala.
"On the basis of secret information forwarded, seven accused including one Pakistani national were arrested," said Tapan Saha, public prosecutor.
"After interrogation the police learnt that the Pakistani agent had come to India with the aim of getting classified information about the Indian army," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued