ISI agent, six others sent to 10-day police remand in Agartala
Agartala: A Pakistani named Manir Khan and six others arrested for illegally entering the country from Bangladesh were sent to police custody for ten days.
Alleged ISI operative Manir Khan (36) and others were arrested on Saturday night.
The accused have been charged with waging war against the Indian government, violation of the Passports Act, collection of arms, conspiracy, cheating and violation of the Foreigners Act.
Acting on a tip off, intelligence sleuths had detained these seven persons on the outskirts of Agartala.
"On the basis of secret information forwarded, seven accused including one Pakistani national were arrested," said Tapan Saha, public prosecutor.
"After interrogation the police learnt that the Pakistani agent had come to India with the aim of getting classified information about the Indian army," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter