Issue stapled visa to people of 4 Chinese provinces: Former MP
New Delhi: A former MP of Arunachal Pradesh today asked the central government to start issuing stapled visa to citizens of four Chinese provinces as a retaliation to granting similar travel documents by China to people of the Northeastern state.
Former BJP MP Kiren Rijiju urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take strong retaliatory action against China by issuing stapled visa to people belonging to Tibet Autonomous Region, Xinjiang, Gansu and Qinghai provinces.
"India must start issuing stapled visa to the four Chinse provinces where separatists movements are going on," he told over phone from Arunachal Pradesh.
Condemning the granting of stapled Chinese visa to two young women archers who were prevented at the IGI airport here from leaving for China to take part in coming Youth World Archery Championship, Rijiju said the Prime Minister must take up the issue of stapled visa with his Chinese counterpart during his forthcoming visit to Beijing.
"The Prime Minister must raise the issue of stapled visa with China. It is getting complicated day by day. He must tell Chinese leadership that Arunachal Pradesh is an integral part of India. Stapled visa is unacceptable," he said.
Immigration officials at the airport had stopped Mihu Maselo and Yumi Sorang, who were the only two archers from Arunachal Pradesh in the 24-member squad, from boarding a China Southern Airlines flight to Guangzhou last night.
A few months ago an Indian Air Force officer belonging to Arunachal Pradesh had been given stapled visa by China which forced him to cancel the visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony