Itanagar: Five underground members arrested
Itanagar: Security forces have arrested five underground members including three cadres of the United Peoples` Democratic Front (UPDF) from Lohit district in Arunachal Pradesh last night in separate operations.
A joint operation by the Special Investigation Team and district police arrested Nakkya Chakma, second-in-command of the UPDF during an encounter at Emphum Village under Chongkham circle of the district last night, police sources said.
Chakma who received bullet injures was today shifted to the Assam Medical College Hospital at Dibrugarh in neighbouring Assam, Lohit deputy commissioner R K Sharma said.
A pistol, three mobile handsets and ammunition were seized from him, Sharma said.
In another operation two UPDF rebels were arrested in the same district last night.
Unseng Pomong an UPDF cadre was arrested at Bamchuk village in Lohit district last night and another Ranjit Chakma from Joypur Village under Diyun circle in Changlang district last night, sources informed.
Army personnel of the 12 Assam regiment in a joint operation with Arunachal and Assam Police arrested a hardcore ULFA cadre Rongmon Gogoi from Wingseng Nongtaw village under Namsai circle in Lohit district last night.
A grenade and three kilogram of explosives were recovered from his possession, the DC said.
A ULFA linkman Indrajit Maran was also arrested from the area and an Id was seized from his house, he said.
On September 8, UPDF Finance Secretary Hemchandra Phukon was arrested from Mahadevpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list