Itanagar: Five underground members arrested
Itanagar: Security forces have arrested five underground members including three cadres of the United Peoples` Democratic Front (UPDF) from Lohit district in Arunachal Pradesh last night in separate operations.
A joint operation by the Special Investigation Team and district police arrested Nakkya Chakma, second-in-command of the UPDF during an encounter at Emphum Village under Chongkham circle of the district last night, police sources said.
Chakma who received bullet injures was today shifted to the Assam Medical College Hospital at Dibrugarh in neighbouring Assam, Lohit deputy commissioner R K Sharma said.
A pistol, three mobile handsets and ammunition were seized from him, Sharma said.
In another operation two UPDF rebels were arrested in the same district last night.
Unseng Pomong an UPDF cadre was arrested at Bamchuk village in Lohit district last night and another Ranjit Chakma from Joypur Village under Diyun circle in Changlang district last night, sources informed.
Army personnel of the 12 Assam regiment in a joint operation with Arunachal and Assam Police arrested a hardcore ULFA cadre Rongmon Gogoi from Wingseng Nongtaw village under Namsai circle in Lohit district last night.
A grenade and three kilogram of explosives were recovered from his possession, the DC said.
A ULFA linkman Indrajit Maran was also arrested from the area and an Id was seized from his house, he said.
On September 8, UPDF Finance Secretary Hemchandra Phukon was arrested from Mahadevpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth