Itanagar hit by students strike
Itanagar: Life came to a standstill in he twin cities of Itanagar and Nahrlagun today following a dawn-to-dusk band called by the Arunachal Law Students` Union (ALSU).
The students` body called for a 12-hour bandh in the state capital after expiry of its deadline set for the government to nab the culprits involved in burning of the car of the union`s general secretary in late November this year.
The district administration have made adequate security arrangements at all vital points in both the cities.
No untoward incidents were reported from any parts of the capital complex barring a few stray incidents of stone pelting by bandh activists at police vehicles, city SP Chuku Appa informed.
All sort of commercial establishments including schools, colleges, post offices and banks remained closed.
Though all the state government offices remained open but very thin attendance was recorded.
While private and public transport remaining off the roads, few state transport buses were seen plying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’