Itanagar hit by students strike
Itanagar: Life came to a standstill in he twin cities of Itanagar and Nahrlagun today following a dawn-to-dusk band called by the Arunachal Law Students` Union (ALSU).
The students` body called for a 12-hour bandh in the state capital after expiry of its deadline set for the government to nab the culprits involved in burning of the car of the union`s general secretary in late November this year.
The district administration have made adequate security arrangements at all vital points in both the cities.
No untoward incidents were reported from any parts of the capital complex barring a few stray incidents of stone pelting by bandh activists at police vehicles, city SP Chuku Appa informed.
All sort of commercial establishments including schools, colleges, post offices and banks remained closed.
Though all the state government offices remained open but very thin attendance was recorded.
While private and public transport remaining off the roads, few state transport buses were seen plying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy