ITBP prepares disaster mitigation stores for Sikki
New Delhi: The ITBP has prepared disaster
management stores, comprising tents and blankets, for
immediate airlifting to quake-hit Sikkim.
The support material which will be used for the victims
will be lifted from an airbase here and will be sent to the
regional response centre in Gangtok, which has been created in
the aftermath of the devastating quake.
The stores, expected to be lifted by tomorrow, will cater
to more than 200 people.
Over 800 Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) personnel are
undertaking relief and rescue operations in the aftermath of
the earthquake and the force has rescued close to 600 people
from various areas of the state.
Twenty more bodies were recovered in quake-hit Sikkim
today taking the toll in Sunday`s powerful 6.8 magnitude
temblor to 116 which may go up further with rescue teams still
to reach about 15 affected remote villages in Mangan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters
- Narendra Modi addresses 'Vikas Parv' rally in Karnataka, unveils cooking gas scheme for poor
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ends his wait, Sergio Perez completes podium