ITBP prepares disaster mitigation stores for Sikki
New Delhi: The ITBP has prepared disaster
management stores, comprising tents and blankets, for
immediate airlifting to quake-hit Sikkim.
The support material which will be used for the victims
will be lifted from an airbase here and will be sent to the
regional response centre in Gangtok, which has been created in
the aftermath of the devastating quake.
The stores, expected to be lifted by tomorrow, will cater
to more than 200 people.
Over 800 Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) personnel are
undertaking relief and rescue operations in the aftermath of
the earthquake and the force has rescued close to 600 people
from various areas of the state.
Twenty more bodies were recovered in quake-hit Sikkim
today taking the toll in Sunday`s powerful 6.8 magnitude
temblor to 116 which may go up further with rescue teams still
to reach about 15 affected remote villages in Mangan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users