‘It`s everyone`s interest to have stable Nagaland’
Dimapur: Congress general secretary Rahul
Gandhi on Wednesday said it was in everybody`s interest to have a
stable and peaceful Nagaland.
It was very unfortunate to learn that Nagaland was
moving backward when the country was marching ahead even
though a great deal of funds were pouring into the state from
the UPA government under various flagship programmes, the
Congress leader said at a public meeting.
Altogether 93 per cent of the Nagaland`s budget was
provided by the Center but it was not reaching people due to
inefficiency and corruption. "It is your money, it is for
your development," he said at the Dimapur stadium during his
maiden visit to the state.
Appealing to young people to join the Youth Congress and
NSUI, he said, "The young people are reluctant to join
politics because of the way today politics is done in this
country, but we have to change this system.
"And, for that to happen that the youth must join
politics to bring inclusive development in this country,"
Gandhi said, adding, they should be vigilant on how money was
spent by the state government.
Referring to poor condition of roads in the state, Gandhi
said physical and social infrastructure had to be built.
Earlier, Gandhi held a student interaction session at the
Nagaland University at Lumami in Zhunheboto district. He also
addressed leaders and members of Youth Congress and NSUI at
Town Hall here.
Congress secretary, in-charge of Nagaland, Luzino Falerio
said Naga youth were inspired by the young leader`s presence.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler