Jairam Ramesh assures more projects for Arunachal
Itanagar: Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh has assured Arunachal Pradesh of considering more projects under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna (PMGSY) to increase connectivity in this land-locked state.
The assurance was given to state Chief Minister Nabam Tuki when he called on the Union Minister in New Delhi on Wednesday, official sources said.
Ramesh has also promised to sanction soon the second lot of projects, including the Miao – Vijoynagar road, besides sanctioning a special package for Puroiks in East Kameng district.
The Union Minister will visit Vijoynagar on June 16 and 17 to take first hand information about the area among other works, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sacked AAP minister claims threat to his life from Kejriwal and his men
- Massive traffic jam brings Gurugram to a standstill
- Are Indian journalists sympathising with terrorists like Burhan Wani?
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh arrested in Bihar
- Mumbai: Man crushed to death after tree falls on car
- Narsingh Pancham Yadav may not make it to Rio even if he's proved innocent - Here's why
- Germany legend Bastian Schweinsteiger retires from international football
- Kajal Aggarwal grooves for a special song in 'Janatha Garage'
- Sonakshi Sinha looks kickass in new 'Akira' POSTER! See inside
- FDI inflows jump 53% in last two years, says FM Jaitley