Jalpaiguri blast mastermind remanded in CID custody
Jalpaiguri: The three ultras of Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) including the mastermind of the December 26 blast in Jalpaiguri, were remanded to 14 days CID remand by a local court Thursday.
The judge of Jalpaiguri Court granted the 14 days of remand to CID officers.
The blast left six persons dead.
Three KLO persons -- two senior leaders and a courier -- were arrested from Adhikari area near Indo-Nepal border in Darjeeling district yesterday.
The three are KLO Deputy Commandant Ilyias Siddiqui alias Pradip Roy, KLO Assistant General Secretary Tarun Thapa alias Narayan Roy and Ramshankar Basak, a courier.
While the first two had plotted the bicycle blast at Bajrapara on December 26, the martyrs` day of the KLO, Basak had kept the bicycle at the spot, Shamim told a press conference this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency