Jalpaiguri blast mastermind remanded in CID custody
Jalpaiguri: The three ultras of Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) including the mastermind of the December 26 blast in Jalpaiguri, were remanded to 14 days CID remand by a local court Thursday.
The judge of Jalpaiguri Court granted the 14 days of remand to CID officers.
The blast left six persons dead.
Three KLO persons -- two senior leaders and a courier -- were arrested from Adhikari area near Indo-Nepal border in Darjeeling district yesterday.
The three are KLO Deputy Commandant Ilyias Siddiqui alias Pradip Roy, KLO Assistant General Secretary Tarun Thapa alias Narayan Roy and Ramshankar Basak, a courier.
While the first two had plotted the bicycle blast at Bajrapara on December 26, the martyrs` day of the KLO, Basak had kept the bicycle at the spot, Shamim told a press conference this evening.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note