Javadekar assures fast forest clearance for Arunachal project
Itanagar: Union Minister of State for Environment & Forests (Independent Charge) Prakash Javadekar has assured the Arunachal Pradesh government that he will expedite forest clearance for the 3000 MW Dibang Hydropower Project in the state.
Javadekar`s assurance came when Chief Minister Nabam Tuki called on him at New Delhi Monday, a communique from the CMO said here Tuesday .
The minister during the meeting had said that his ministry was in the process of overhauling the entire forest and environment clearance mechanism so as to speed up the implementation of hydropower projects in the state.
He had further said that a decision to extend the norms of no-green clearance for road projects within 100 kms of the international border and other infrastructure development projects were under active consideration of his ministry.
The ministry recently had taken an important decision that the Defence Ministry would not have to come to the Centre to get green clearances for constructing border roads and strategically important projects coming within 100 kms of the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
A decision on environmental and forest clearances on building defence infrastructure in areas in the 100 km-range from the LAC could be taken by the state governments concerned, Javadekar had said.
While appreciating the pro-active initiative of the chief minister, he assured him that Arunachal Pradesh along with the other North Eastern states was in priority list and his ministry was also formulating a new policy mechanism for proper disbursal of CAMPA (Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority) funds.
Expressing gratefulness on behalf of the people of the state, Tuki had said that Arunachal Pradesh was particularly going to benefit from this new norm in view of its long international border (1680 kms).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical