Jawan among two shot dead in Manipur
Imphal: A jawan of the India Reserve Battalion (IRB) was among two persons who were shot dead by unidentified gunmen while they were catching fish in Tamu river along Indo-Myanmar border in Chandel district on Wednesday, police said.
Rifleman Birjit Singh of third IRB post at Moreh border town and a civilian had gone for fishing at Tamu river, about three km from Moreh town, early this morning.
Their bodies were found at about 8 AM by local residents who rushed to the spot after hearing gunshots. Police have started investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30