Jawan among two shot dead in Manipur
Imphal: A jawan of the India Reserve Battalion (IRB) was among two persons who were shot dead by unidentified gunmen while they were catching fish in Tamu river along Indo-Myanmar border in Chandel district on Wednesday, police said.
Rifleman Birjit Singh of third IRB post at Moreh border town and a civilian had gone for fishing at Tamu river, about three km from Moreh town, early this morning.
Their bodies were found at about 8 AM by local residents who rushed to the spot after hearing gunshots. Police have started investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das