Jawans, driver injured in bomb blast in Manipur
Imphal: Two Manipur Rifles jawans and a driver were injured when militants exploded a powerful bomb in the housing complex of a Manipur government official at Mantripukhri on the outskirts of Imphal, official sources said on Monday.
The militants exploded the bomb in the housing complex of Manipur Development Society managing director Y Ningthem injuring his two security guards belonging to the 2nd Manipur Rifles battalion and a driver last night.
Stating the car of the official was destroyed in the blast, the sources said, the condition of one jawan identified as Th Dhanachandra was stated to be serious.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility, but non-payment of demand money by the official was considered to be the reason for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH