Jawans, driver injured in bomb blast in Manipur
Imphal: Two Manipur Rifles jawans and a driver were injured when militants exploded a powerful bomb in the housing complex of a Manipur government official at Mantripukhri on the outskirts of Imphal, official sources said on Monday.
The militants exploded the bomb in the housing complex of Manipur Development Society managing director Y Ningthem injuring his two security guards belonging to the 2nd Manipur Rifles battalion and a driver last night.
Stating the car of the official was destroyed in the blast, the sources said, the condition of one jawan identified as Th Dhanachandra was stated to be serious.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility, but non-payment of demand money by the official was considered to be the reason for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post