Jawans, driver injured in bomb blast in Manipur
Imphal: Two Manipur Rifles jawans and a driver were injured when militants exploded a powerful bomb in the housing complex of a Manipur government official at Mantripukhri on the outskirts of Imphal, official sources said on Monday.
The militants exploded the bomb in the housing complex of Manipur Development Society managing director Y Ningthem injuring his two security guards belonging to the 2nd Manipur Rifles battalion and a driver last night.
Stating the car of the official was destroyed in the blast, the sources said, the condition of one jawan identified as Th Dhanachandra was stated to be serious.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility, but non-payment of demand money by the official was considered to be the reason for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read