John Kharshiing joins Congress in Meghalaya
Shillong: A leader of tribal chiefs, John Kharshiing, who had resigned as a member of the ruling coalition partner, the UDP in Meghalaya, today formally joined the Congress.
Kharshiing was escorted by more than 50 tribal chiefs when he was received by Chief Minister Mukul Sangma and Congress party chief D D Lapang at the Congress Bhavan here.
Not denying speculation that he was eying the 2013 polls in the state, the chairman of the Grand Council of Chiefs said that he would serve the party honestly in any capacity he was entrusted with.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what