John Kharshiing joins Congress in Meghalaya
Shillong: A leader of tribal chiefs, John Kharshiing, who had resigned as a member of the ruling coalition partner, the UDP in Meghalaya, today formally joined the Congress.
Kharshiing was escorted by more than 50 tribal chiefs when he was received by Chief Minister Mukul Sangma and Congress party chief D D Lapang at the Congress Bhavan here.
Not denying speculation that he was eying the 2013 polls in the state, the chairman of the Grand Council of Chiefs said that he would serve the party honestly in any capacity he was entrusted with.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report