John Kharshiing joins Congress in Meghalaya
Shillong: A leader of tribal chiefs, John Kharshiing, who had resigned as a member of the ruling coalition partner, the UDP in Meghalaya, today formally joined the Congress.
Kharshiing was escorted by more than 50 tribal chiefs when he was received by Chief Minister Mukul Sangma and Congress party chief D D Lapang at the Congress Bhavan here.
Not denying speculation that he was eying the 2013 polls in the state, the chairman of the Grand Council of Chiefs said that he would serve the party honestly in any capacity he was entrusted with.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you