Journalists stage protest in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: Media persons in Arunachal Pradesh on Thursday staged dharna in front of the chief minister`s office to protest the state government`s failure to arrest the culprits involved in the attack of a journalist here on July 15 last.
Associate Editor of Arunachal Times Tongam Rina was seriously injured when an unidentified gun man shot at her when she was entering office on July 15 last.
The scribes under the aegis of Arunachal Press Club (APC) and Arunachal Pradesh Union of Working Journalist (APUWJ) on Thursday staged the dharna for two hours demanding immediate arrest of the culprits.
Already 45 days passed since the incident and the police are yet to make any breakthrough. It seems that some political big shots are involved in the incident for which police are yet to make any breakthrough, APC President Taba Ajum said.
When police could arrest four accused involved in the August 14 Jumkar Basar murder case at Doimukh within a short span of time, then why is there no breakthrough in Tongam`s case, Ajum questioned the sincerity of the police and the government as well.
Meanwhile, the state unit of All India Trinamol Congress (AITC) in a statement expressed doubt over the sincerity of the police towards ensuring the safety and security of the citizen.
It is quite unfortunate that the state government has miserably failed to make any breakthrough in the shooting case though even after 45 days have passed, party general secretary Techi Necha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead